Saturday, December 26, 2009

Does aloe vera gel work as a cure for acne?

I have acne on my forehead and I%26#039;m desperate to get rid of it. Does aloe vera work to cure facial acne?|||I wouldn%26#039;t think so, but I%26#039;ve never tried it. I%26#039;d imagine it would just cause more oil and make it worse. Go to your local pharmacy and find an acne face wash, use that to wash your face twice a day, it may get worse at first, but keep using it consistantly. If it continues to get worse, you may want to consider finding another product or seeing a dermatologist.|||I%26#039;ve actually used aloe vera gel on my face for cystic acne; it worked out pretty well. i%26#039;ve generally found that moisturizing your face decreases the chance for breakouts. btw don%26#039;t use benzoyl peroxide, it was banned by the EU due to extreme side-effects and health risks if used long-term. Report Abuse
|||Couldn%26#039;t agree with Michelle%26#039;s response more -- aloe vera gel is for moisturization (which acne, oily-prone skin usually doesn%26#039;t need), aloe is not for treating acne.

No comments:

Post a Comment