Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Going on the pill to cure acne?

My doctor has advised me to go on the pill as I have very mild acne. I wouldn%26#039;t call it acne myself but I do have scars from it so I suppose it is. Has anyone done this before as I am afraid of gaining weight as this is a common side effect of going on the pill.. Thanks x x|||i haven%26#039;t taken it for acne but i know about the weight gain. as the pill doesn%26#039;t actually contain anything that will make you put weight on its not that you should worry about. its supposed to give you increased appetite. if you are very aware of what your eating and the amount of exercise you do you%26#039;ll be fine.





:D|||Yes, I noticed a huge improvement in acne when I first started the pill. It has to do with the hormones in the pill. Certain kinds are better than others for that. I didn%26#039;t experience any weight gain either. That also depends on the pill, and your body. Try it and see how it goes.|||I went on the pill for a different medical reason (PCOS) but I did have a marked reduction in acne when I was on it.





Unfortunately I%26#039;ve had to stop taking the pill after 10 years because of hormonal imbalances I have (long story) and my acne came back (it sucks to be over 35 and have acne like a teen again ... ugh!).|||Young women are often put on the pill to clear up their skin. Stay aware of what you eat, and exercise regularly (as you should do anyway) and weight gain shouldn%26#039;t be an issue.|||The doctor put my daughter on the pill when she was a teen and we saw a big improvement in her complexion the first month. It was caused by a hormone imbalance. She stayed on it 6 months and when she got off her complexion stayed clear. If you eat a healthy diet and get exercise you won%26#039;t gain weight -- at least she didn%26#039;t. Good luck|||i started taking yaz to help with mild acne and to be honest it really helped. i didnt gain any weight from it either! good luck*

No comments:

Post a Comment